The fuel marking system functions as an ‘’in-product tax stamp’’ that cannot be removed, altered or copied. The system's detection technology is highly accurate and exploits advanced spectrometry techniques. It provides our clients with a sophisticated tool to tackle fraud in the oil sector, focusing on downstream products but with a unique ability to mark crude in the midstream process. The technology is capable not only of providing court admissible evidence of fraud once detected, but of assisting authorities in identifying specific points in the supply chain where adulteration might have taken place.
The full system consists of the following elements:
- Manual or Semi-automatic and/or Optional automatic injection system;
- On-site detection of adulterated or illegal fuels;
- Real-time Monitoring, control and reports transmitting system.
These 4 elements guarantee the precision, reliability and repeatability of the system.
The marker component has the following characteristics:
- Molecular, invisible and impossible to imitate, remove or alter;
- Complies with motor engines emission and environment regulations;
- Does not alter the characteristics of the fuel marked
- Does not affect the performance of engines and muffler systems and does not inflict any damage;
- Extremely stable in the fuel for long periods of time;
- Resistant to light, heat and extreme weather conditions;
- The only available solution in the market suitable for marking and authenticating of crude oil.
This marker can be added either manually or automatically by using tamper-proof injection systems.
On-site detection of illicit and adulterated fuels:
- Detection and authentication is conducted through fixed or mobile testing units;
- The testing equipment is heavy duty, however small enough to be placed in and operated from any vehicle tracked by GPS;
- Testing provides qualitative and quantitative results within a few minutes, indicating if and by how much the fuel has been adulterated;
- The testing equipment transmits all results automatically to a central database through on-line telecom links. Inspector usage is recorded by on-line cameras. This constant and complete monitoring is unique and can serve as proof of evidence in court.
- The detection process is ISO 17025 accredited.
Monitoring, control and reporting system:
- The central database contains all information received from on-site real-time testing equipment.
- Client uses these data for analyses and business intelligence and can trigger additional targeted inspections, law enforcement or legal actions.